Marcum LLP is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our growing and well established national firm in our Portland Office. This person will be responsible for providing full administrative support to Tax and Assurance professionals.
Our growing practice provides tremendous career opportunities in an environment of the highest ethical standards and professionalism. We are committed to practicing work/life balance and offer extremely competitive salary and benefit packages.Responsibilities
- Assist Partners/Directors and professionals in the Portland office with their business and administrative needs as it relates to tax document filing, word processing document filing, scanning and copying.
- Composes, proofreads, and reviews routine correspondence including tax returns, engagement letters, IRS correspondence and other documents as requested. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Typing and editing of client financial statements as prepared by professional staff
- Proofread financial statements for grammar, punctuation, spelling, and content under tight deadlines
- Add footnotes for financial statements
- Assembly of financial statements for final delivery to client
- Prepare, type and edit correspondence and engagement letters and statistical information (including Excel spreadsheets and Power Point presentations); finalize engagement letters
- Assists with the management of GoFileRoom, including workflow management related to engagement letters, extensions, returns and other tasks.
- Assists with preparation of forms within Prosystem Axcess and processes returns for filing in all federal and state tax jurisdictions.
- Arranges for courier and overnight services.
- Coordinate process for year-end delivery of organizers and engagement letters to clients.
- Continually develops and maintains the client information tracking system.
- Will assist in replenishing and maintaining inventory of Portland office stationary and general office supplies including office coffee service.
- Assist with answering phones for receptionist (on “as-needed” basis)
- Provide back-up support for bank deposits.
- 3+ years of administrative assistant experience in a professional services firm; experience supporting a CPA a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with GoFileRoom and Prosystem Axcess a plus.
- Experience with formatting and editing documents; business writing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire and ability to work in a very fast-paced environment with ability to work extended hours as required.